January 7, 2010

How to display tabular data in a single row in BI Publisher reports

Hello All,

Again after a long time posting :P. A long time back there was some problem that only "I" need to find out the solution for :| but I ignored as usual :-$. Finally again after pressure , I found it and I am damn happy now for it. :D

Problem : Suppose I am getting data like below from the Database 


But problem was I have to display this data without table. I mean it should be something like "EmpNo-Ename.." form and that too in one single row

Solution: So to solve the problem, just you need to change one thing in your RTF Template (XSL code) 
Earlier XSL code was like below



Now in above code for "F" for "For Loop" at second no. in the list, just add "@inlines" command used in templates to lay the text in horizontal row. Though this tag is not yet used by anyone till date on web with "for" loop but I don't mind to be the first one in doing that. After knowledge of even a basic thing is uselsss until it is not applied at some useful place by experiments right? Ha ha.. :-$

So now field browser will look like below

And now finally, my horizontal record looks like below :)

Tip : To make it look much better, you people can add "spaces" or "Semicolons" after ENAME element.

Hope, it helps anyone at some point of time.