This post is a part -II of this post Using SubTemplates concept in BI Publisher. I promised to make this post soon but it slipped out of my mind but I still remembered that I need to make some post since long. Finally today it is here. :-$
So as you can read clearly in Part-I post only, I mentioned that tricky part was to make it machine independent. So to make it machine independent, we can see only 1 thing in our minds that if somehow I transfer that Header.rtf (SubTemplate file) to the BI Publisher server then it can be accessed using simply a url. Now the problem where I was stuck for a long was how to find the location to copy it. So it is damn simple - just search for login.jsp[A default page opened on BI Publisher server url http://localhost:9704/xmlpserver ] So I copied it there and it worked awessome. So here goes the entire step to do so.
STEP # 1: Create a sample Header.rtf at any [say- I:\MyBIPTemplates ] location. Add a piece of code in it along with logo or any image just like below.
http://localhost:9704/xmlpserver/Header.rtf
If it opens your SubTemplate Header.rtf file in the browser that means it is uploaded fine on the server.
Now next step will be to use it in main Template files.
STEP # 3: Enter the above url[http://localhost:9704/xmlpserver/Header.rtf ]in import statement of Template.rtf file
Note - Unlike in Part -I option, here we are not using any "file" option as it will make the import machine dependent so to avoid this thing, better host it on your serve and run your reports anywhere.
STEP # 4: Now preview the report in PDF format or run directly online. You will get following as output.
So done. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements to the solutions. They are most welcome.
Thanks ! :)


