Well, this post in continuation of Using and Mapping our own fonts in BI Publisher this post. I mentioned in that following hardcoded usage of absolute path of font's TTF file should be avoided. Well, I never thought I will come so early with the solution. So here I go,
Hardcoded approach :
Entries in xdo.cfg configuration file at {ORA_HOME}\ xmlp\XMLP\Admin\Configuration location looks like below. Notice the path attribute in it. It contains the full directory path of TTF file.
Modified and better approach:
STEP 1: Copy the TTF files in fonts directory used by reporting server at runtime. It is {ORA_HOME}\jdk\jre\lib\fonts
STEP 3: Most important step, don't forget to restart the server before testing the output (unlike earlier hard coded approach). Bingo ! Your work is done. :)
Modifed approach v Hard coded approach:
1. You need not to change your entries in xdo.cfg file each time when installation is being done on separate machines. It will be independent of path where your fonts are installed. Though make sure fonts are available to BI reporting server at runtime.
2. [My own damn brain's observation :-$] You need to restart the reporting server before using them in Modified approach while in hardcoded it will work without even restarting reporting server but will not work next time because after restarting the server, BI Publisher would take original path "C:\OraHome_1\jdk\jre\lib\fonts" as "C:\OraHome_1\jdk\jre\lib\fonts\C:\OraHome_1\jdk\jre\lib\fonts" . Can you notice the difference? Strange thing na ! :-|

