November 5, 2009

Scope of JAVA

Java Rocks !

Ya Ya ! I know there are other languages also that rock but still there is no language yet that can beat Java language as per me[Yep-remember my words]. If yes - Can you prove it? :| Leave it. You can't I know.

There was a time when I was a fan of "C" language in my first year of B.Tech. How fool I was at that time. That language was only for learning programming skills in easier way and nothing else. That's why it is taught to every engineering discipline's student. But when I read "Object Oriented Programming Languages" in my B.Tech 3rd Year, I came to know about C++ and Java but still C++ could never impress me just because of being partial object-oriented[Obviously not beating complete object oriented Java]. C++ will surely fail and make you embarrassed if you are making real world application[consisting of real objects and their associated behaviours]. In my B.Tech final year we had a subject "Programming languages" in which it's one of the chapter comparison with "pros & cons" and scopes of all languages available till that date were discussed. After analysing everything from my point of view[being not a good programmer but an average developer], I sticked to Java and started learning every thing about it throwing C and C++ in dustbins after placement :p. Though many of our class mates including toppers continued in brushing up their C/C++ more and ignored Java like hell. If I would have not taken that decision at that time then may be today I might not be feeling very happy and making this post. I really cannot imagine the world without Java. So much complicated stuffs and real time platform independent applications are all because of Java. This language has the capability of making a world completely free of "Running here but not there" kind of concept. You write or make application code here and run it around the whole world. The biggest advantage is suppose if in future , people come up with new new type of OS[Operation Systems] or hardware in computers world, your Java based application would still work. 

Now what made me to write such a post here was simple, today I was working on some stuff in my office and I was asked to find out the solution for a problem in such a way that we people have to avoid taking care of any issues related to it in "Implementation" phase later and I found that was possible only because if I use Java. My Goodness, these Sun people are not any nonsense . They really have lot of brains and have also made us also to explore more about it and use it at better places. Even if you people check their forum, you will find unlike other technical forums , they have answered queries in such a good way and precisely that I have become JAVA's fan today. *Sighs*. Unfortunately people are still running after .NET and old C/C++ and other similar things and blah blah... This language has really very good scope in terms of changing the way people do development - really trust me. Just someone need to explore this such an "extra-large-in-number" API based language. 

Those people who are interested in developing something creative and that too Real world based without taking care of future upcoming technologies. I would say, go for JAVA and if you want to get your hands good on programming part rather than developing..stick to your boring old C/C++ and platform dependent language. :p 

One last sentence - "Key to modern advancement is languages like JAVA but problem is people are not awared of the fact that how much capable it is if once explored properly."

PS: Well this post is reflecting entirely my opinion[ often termed as nonsense today but called as sense tomorrow]. It is not meant for hurting any other language users or programmers.