November 15, 2009

Login problem with Oracle BI Publisher

Hello everyone,

Well about an hour back only as usual for doing trying something new in BI publisher, I started the BI server and logged in at its url and got shocked when I found I am not able to login with "Administrator" profile[ A SUPER USER] . Though day before yesterday[Friday] I was able to login fine. Then I found the problem was that on Friday, I added a new "Data Source" [Oracle 11g installed in my machine]  under "JDBC Connection" I made some changes in "Security Configuration" settings. In the "Security Model" block, I selected option as "Oracle Database" and enter all the details for it. Finally saved everything successfully. Now how it conflicted right? Simple as my only single-piece laptop has two servers installed in it - 

1. BI Publisher server [OC4J one that gets installed when BI publisher is installed in Basic mode]
2. Oracle 11g server

So on Friday when I added a new entry in JDBC Connection I made new setting in "Security Model" then xmlp-server-config.xml file at "D:\OracleBIP\xmlp\XMLP\Admin\Configuration" [installed location of BI publisher] changed following property "SECURITY_MODEL" and set its value as "ORACLE_DB". Thus the security things that gets applied to it are of Oracle DB[or can call it as BI server security] instead of BI Publisher security.

Now if I set its value as "XDO" then security model is set to the "BI Publisher security" instead of "BI Server security". So finally you will be allowed to login as before using BI publisher server's security model.


So, after changing the property in above mentioned xml file, Don't forget to restart the OC4J server. :)

Hope could be of any use to anyone working on it and is unaware of what's happening behind the screens by BI Publisher [in xml files :-$] without your knowledge. ;)